Welcome to my blog

Hey there, I am 20 years old and I currently play the micro limits on Pokerstars.
I give myself the chance on becoming a professional pokerplayer until September 2013 and will put most of my time into studying and playing the game to achieve this goal.
I am going to update this blog regulary to keep track of my progress and write about concepts I found important for my development as a player and as a person.

Follow me on my pursuit to become independent as a Poker Pro!

11/04/2012

Improving my volume, music and update ;)

Improving my volume:
 I have been lacking the motivation to grind for longer periods or general put in the time to play per day, even though I definitely could.
So I made a challenge with a pokermate of mine.
But to make that challenge a little more vital to my unconsciousness, there has to be a penalty if I dont make it. Not facing a penalty should be enough of a reward to keep me motivated during those times where I just surf the internet or play games that dont contribute to... basically anything.  

__________

Volume-challenge:

Playtime on the tables for november = 100 hours
First 40 hours have to be played before the 15th day of this month.

For every not completed hour under the above presets, I have to send 2$ to my mate and vice versa.

__________
The next challenge after this one will probably increase in hours played and penalty payed but only between December 1st to the 20th to keep room for Christmas.


Short Update:
I finished my 3 hours for today and was pretty happy how motivated I got to keep playing. Also results kept beeing good ;)

4,2 hours played


I played some Zoom tables on 10nl to get in some rakeback points which eventually was a bad idea, since I have a completly different playstyle on zoom that doesnt contribute to my development.
But well, was a little greedy there to get that stellar reward completed (still 60 vpps to go -.-).
Pokerstars mailed me for a feedback-meeting that I will be joining in the next week which gets rewarded with 50$ too. So within the next 2 weeks, I will get 175$ in bonuses which is a nice boost to my bankroll ;)

Music:

Playing an instrument is very beneficial in my opinion in terms of happyness. I do play the piano for ~11 years and the guitar for maybe 1-2 years now which I am very grateful for.
It helps me cool down, clear my mind, have fun alone or with others and most important making music just gives me the feeling that I do something that is worth doing it.
Only a few months ago I read some articles about "music and intelligence" so I might be more stupid now if I had not played music ;)

I've been skipping a lot of playing for the last 2 years and just recently got back into it as I implemented it into my pregame warm-up (I might do a post about that).








No comments:

Post a Comment